- 3 eggs
- 1 cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or brown coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 black futsu squash (or 1 cup canned Organic Pumpkin Puree)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil plus
- 1½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or coconut brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup room temperature butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Upper Left Roasters coffee ground
- 2 green cardamom pods peeled and ground or ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
For Black Futsu Puree: Cut in half, remove seeds, cut into 1 inch pieces, toss in 2 tbsp. coconut oil and season with salt, roast until tender and caramelized. About 35 mins.
Once squash pieces are cool place them into a food processor and puree until smooth. Yes the skin should stay on! Measure 1 cup of puree and set aside.
Cake: Butter 9x5 Loaf Pan.
Combine struesel ingredients and mix in bowl. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugars, vanilla extract until well combined and slightly whipped. Add black futsu puree and coconut oil to egg and sugar mixture and beat together until well combined.
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix. Next, slowly add all dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
Place cake batter in pan, top with streusel, and bake for 50-60 minutes. How do you know if the cake is done? Using a thin skewer or toothpick, insert into the center of the cake and it should come out clean, with no streaks of batter.
Let cool, slice and enjoy!